Yosemite Hike - 2011

Friday, August 8, 2008

"MOM, IS IT ALWAYS THIS CHAOTIC BEFORE A TRIP?"

The title of this post came from Sydney about an hour ago and it was funny! Bless the girl's hearts, they packed their suitcases and endured lectures about packing only what they are willing to carry!

We're a few hours from leaving and for the most part we're packed. Scott thinks it's funny that I am taking so many different types of snacks. You'd think he'd know by now, I need food often, and so do the girls. Maybe it's the fact I'm taking their favorite granola bars and snack foods he thinks is funny. Tease all you want tall guy, but when you want one of "my" power bars, I might seriously have to consider before handing it over.

I'm excited for this great adventure for our family. Many have said I don't seem excited but not true. I am excited, just realistic about taking small children across the continent to a place where blonde children stick out like a sore thumb, where they might survive on rice alone for 2 weeks and where I hear you can often see people urinating in the street. Oh yeah and I hear it's a long plane ride too....Thank you Dr. Cantrell for warning the girls about possible photo ops for blondes with foreigners!

Zaijan for now! (That means goodbye) :-

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We can't wait to read all about your adventures! Have a fantastic time!

Remember, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF ;-)

big hugs!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for your big adventure. Packing for Colorado practically put Mike and I in couples counseling so I can't imagine packing for China.