Yosemite Hike - 2011

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

HOW LONG UNTIL WE GET THERE???

It was a few years back Scott said, "Let's go to China!" Hard to believe we depart in just a few days. We've all had our shots, prescriptions filled with "just in case" medications, and even have our favorite snack foods on the ready. Now it's time to pack the suitcases.

Some have asked how long the flight is. Truthfully, I don't know nor do I want to know. I think this is my coping mechanism since we are traveling with a 7 (Sydney) and 5 (Shelby) year old. I figure if I don't know how long the flights are, when they ask the dreaded, "how much longer?", I can honestly say, "I don't know!"

My biggest concern at this point is that Scott and I are on the same page about the amount of site seeing and Olympic events we will attempt. I keep reminding him we will have the girls with us and he says he knows it will be a slower pace than when we've traveled alone, but for some reason I have a sneaking suspicion we might be revisiting this conversation again (and again and again). Stay tuned....

No comments: