Yosemite Hike - 2011

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekends like this....


Mom & Girls at Race For The Cure


Weekends like this...make it all worthwhile!  Scott was out of town this weekend so it was just me and my girls.  Saturday was spent with back to back soccer games, a local children's production of Sound of Music followed by an afternoon birthday party for one of Shelby's classmates.

This morning after getting our extra hour of sleep, the girls and I woke at 6am and were soon off to Race For The Cure, after a quick doughnut run of course.  The walk was great as always and I had my token "moment" with Mom before the race started and thought how proud she'd be of me getting my girls out there for such a special event.  I think I figured I've been doing The Race for over 12 years!  It was extra special to walk with our friends The Defreitas' who were first timers.  The walk is always such a special event and even more so today, to experience it with them, their first time.

I'd promised the girls a lemonade stand all week.  Today was payday!  Unfortunately it was cold and misty so we decided on a hot cocoa stand.  They went to town making a list of supplies, took inventory, made some signs, and then we headed to the store.  They had a class operation complete with cash register and quite a nice price strategy.  Fifty cents per cup with a choice of marshmallow and/or whipped cream for an additional 25 cents each.  

All said and done the girls stuck with it for a few hours, even through some rain, and made 
$16.00.  Yes, the money was key today for Sydney because she reached her goal of saving $105 dollars to buy her own American Girl Doll!  

It was a great day with my girls and I was proud of them for their hard work and the fact they walked over 3 miles this morning without one complaint!  And so when Scott got home from Colorado, there were dishes in the sink, laundry left from before he left and beds unmade but boy, did I enjoy my kids today and felt present with them!

How could anyone resist a handmade sign that read, "Hot co-co stand!"


We set up in front of Hearst Elementary.  
Thought we'd get more traffic there than at our end of the street.

No comments: